The vision for Virago Futures stems from years of organizing, network building, product development, education, and event production. We're just getting started but our team has partnered with and worked for some incredible leaders and created powerful lasting experiences.
Here's a snapshot of some of our previous designs
A Summit & Creative Studio
A Summit & Creative Studio on Misinformation at MIT Media Lab and the Nieman Foundation for Journalism at Harvard
Mission: Convene a diverse community to explore solutions to the problem of information accuracy
- Trust, Verification, Fact Checking & Beyond: MisinfoCon is a global movement focused on building solutions to online trust, verification, fact checking, and reader experience in the interest of addressing misinformation in all of its forms.
A celebration of all things emoji
Conference * Interactive Art Gallery * Emoji Party * Play Space * Creative Studio * Film Festival
Mission: Create a dynamic experience that can democratize the emoji application process with the Emoji Subcommittee.
- Explore a more diverse array of voices around emoji representation and introduce the Unicode Consortium to a broader community.
Monthly lunch discussion series
Hosted in partnership with Microsoft NY and Civic Hall
Mission: Host a candid discussion on the front lines of data science and social good communities.
- Connect top-level data scientists and social good community leaders.
- Foster a deeper understanding of best practices and nuances around how data and machine learning impact communities.
Video * Data
January & July 2015
Mission: Reimagine how we create, disseminate and consume media.
- Video hackathon held at Condé Nast and Data Science hack held at Washington Post
Dare 2 Lead
Voterunlead's Virtual and in person trainings in 7 cities
Campaign and Movement Building: Messaging and digital engagement campaign to support participation and engagement
Mission: Support women running for office through VoteRunLead's the Dare 2 Lead campaign training women in seven different cities and online.
- Drove more than 1,000 women nation-wide to attend virtual and in-person trainings on the skills to run for office.
Check out some of our designs featured in the news:
Want to build together? Contact us today at hello@viragofutures!